In recent years, Texas has seen a huge migration of west coasters into the Lone Star State. But that was not the first connection Texas had with the Golden State. One county had a town named New California. It was due to its easy access to water. We suppose the name didn’t go over well with residents and was changed to Garden City. Whether you live in a West Texas town or a central city like Austin, health insurance is necessary for you and your family. CoverMile can help you find the best health insurance in Texas at an affordable price.
CoverMile helps individuals and families find the best health insurance at the lowest prices. You can find coverage in Glasscock County for as low as $0 per month with subsidies. Continue on, and we will show you how.
Health Insurance Facts for 2023 in Glasscock County, Texas
Shopping for health insurance in Texas is unique. Our uninsured rate is the highest in the country at 22.1 percent. We’ve held this position since the Affordable Care Act began in 2019. In 2023, Texas saw 2.4 million enroll. That was the country’s second-largest federal exchange enrollment. Only Florida saw more sign up.
Here are additional facts about health insurance in Texas.
- According to a U.S. Census estimate, Glasscock County’s population was 1164. Of that total, 26.2 percent are uninsured.
- By gender, of those insured, 55 percent were men, and 45 percent were female.
- Currently, through the ACA, Eighty-seven percent of Texas insurance shoppers have access to three or more companies. Glasscock County can apply to three insurance providers.
- 78.1 percent of Glasscock County has health coverage. 36.7 percent obtain it with their employer, while 23.6 percent have it through non-group plans. 9.61 percent have Medicare insurance, 8.22 percent have insurance through Medicaid, and none have it through the VA or military.
- Overall, Fifty-nine percent of the country has access to coverage through a national insurer; these include companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, which is available in every state.
- In Texas, the average cost of a Silver metal health insurance plan without subsidies is $454.
Here are a few fun facts about the square County itself:
- Glasscock County was named after George Washington Glasscock. He was a member of the 33rd Texas Calvary. The city of Georgetown also bears his name.
- George Washington Glasscock donated land he owned to Williamson County. In his honor, they named the city of Georgetown, TX after him.
- The county seat of Garden City was initially called New California. It is said that the name change was due to a mail mishap.
- George W. Glasscock was a flatboating partner of Abraham Lincoln in Illinois in 1834 before the War of Independence from Mexico.
- Glasscock County has only two towns: Garden City, its county seat, and St. Lawrence.
- Glasscock County has two ghost towns: Konohasset and Lees.
Do I Need Health Insurance in Glasscock County, TX?
Not many states still have individual mandates. However, if you do not have health insurance, even in a small Texas county like Glasscock, you may want to consider these areas before deciding.
- Healthcare costs.Health insurance is similar to having a membership to a retail store. Presenting your card at the register helps you receive a discount. Insurance companies contract with medical providers to treat individuals at a negotiated rate. When you receive treatment at a doctor’s office or medical facility and don’t have health insurance, you pay full price for your health care.
- Healthcare networks.When you see your Primary Care Physician, they may order tests or follow-up treatment. Health insurance provides a network of doctors and facilities to receive your doctor’s orders quicker and ease worries, especially since looking for a specialist or advanced care facility on your own may add to an already stressful situation.
- Healthcare maintenance.Having health insurance provides you with free preventive care. This is due to the Affordable Care Act mandates. Among these are screenings, well-checkups, and vaccinations. When you don’t have health insurance, you must pay for these services out-of-pocket.
What are My Health Insurance Options in Glasscock County, Texas?
In Glasscock County, TX, you have options for health insurance for Individuals and families. You can visit the Marketplace or purchase directly from a health insurance provider. Each option has its benefits.
Affordable Care Act/Marketplace – When shopping for insurance through the Marketplace, you can search for a plan based on family size and how much money you make yearly. Based on that information, you can see if you qualify for premium tax credits and subsidies like cost-sharing reductions.
Direct Purchase – Before committing to a health insurance company website’s direct purchase, verify you are not eligible for ACA tax credits and subsidies. You can save money if you qualify. If not, you can continue with your direct purchase from a health insurance provider of your choice. In some cases, like with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, you may have additional plan options only available on the insurance company’s website.
Short-term Health Insurance – Short-term Health Insurance may be a consideration for those who intend to purchase Marketplace insurance, but it is too early in the year or are just starting a job, and your benefits package has a waiting period. Short-term Health Insurance covers an initial period of 364 days and can be renewed for an additional 24 months. Keep in mind Short-term Health Insurance has limits. It does not cover preexisting conditions, maternity care, or prescription medication.
Types of Insurance – HMOs, EPOs, and PPOs are the most common health insurance network types. Some insurance companies offer multiple network options through the Marketplace or a direct purchase. When you enroll, keep your primary doctor in mind. They must be within the plan’s network for them to be covered. If they are not, you can incur out-of-network fees.
Top Health Insurance Companies with the Highest Star Ratings in Glasscock County, TX
What a customer is willing to pay for their policy over time is one of the main details top insurance ratings evaluate. Health insurance shoppers then use those reviews to consider which insurance companies are best and purchase based on their research.
To address this concern, we’ve rated the top companies available in Glasscock County based on their 2023 rates compared to their 2022 rates.
- Baylor, Scott, and White – 1.7% increase – Although having a bump in 2023, Baylor, Scott, and White had one of the lowest price increases in the market. However, they do not have as wide a coverage area in Texas as other insurance carriers. They cover major cities such as Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and surrounding areas.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas – 3.42% increase – While BCBS of Texas did see a premium increase in 2023, they continue to prove they are a strong and reliable insurance company. They have more plans available than other providers. They offer coverage to the entire state of Texas.
Top Health Insurance Plans for Glasscock County, TX
Below, we’ve listed the best insurance plans for Glasscock County, TX. We’ve outlined them in order of premium for a standard policy without Cost Sharing Reductions. In addition to Silver, we have included Bronze and Gold plans. However, understand that only Silver metal plans offer Cost Sharing Reductions.
|Insurance company||Insurance Plan||Co-insurance||Deductible||Out-of-Pocket Max||Copay PCP/ Specialist||$0 Virtual Care PCP||Adult Dental/ Vision|
|BCBS of Texas||Blue Advantage Gold HMO 706||25%||$2000/$4000||$8700/$17400||$30/$60||Fee Applies||Dental/Vision as separate policies|
|BCBS of Texas||Blue Advantage Gold 603 HMO||40%||$1500/ $4500||$5000/ $10000||$45/40%||Fee Applies||Dental/ Vision as separate policies|
|Baylor, Scott, and White||Elite Gold HMO 012||20%||$1500/ $3000||$9100/$18200||$0/$60||Fee Applies||No|
|Baylor, Scott, and White||Prime Silver HMO 008||40%||$3400/ $6800||$7250/$14500||$30/$70*||Fee Applies||No|
|BCBS of Texas||Blue Advantage Silver 205 HMO||50%||$1500/ $4500||$7250/$14500||$15/50%||Fee Applies||Dental Vision as separate policies|
|Baylor, Scott, and White||Prime Silver HMO 005||10%||$0/$0||$7250/$14500||$45/$85**||Fee Applies||No|
*Adults: No charge for the first two sick visits. Copay thereafter. Children: No copay charge.
**Adults: No charge for first sick visit. Copay thereafter.
How to Enroll in Health Insurance in Glasscock County, TX?
Whether you live in Dallas, Glasscock, Kennedy, or El Paso Counties, there aren’t many differences in how you enroll. All insurance companies are bound by Affordable Care Act standards.
When – Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment begins on November 1st and ends on December 31st of each year, your coverage begins on January 1st. You are also able to enroll until January 15th. This late enrollment period will give you a start date of February 1st.
You may also enroll outside of Open Enrollment if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). You are eligible to enroll at any time under a SEP when:
- You there are changes in your household. – If you get married or divorced; add a family member through birth or adoption; or if there is a death in the family.
- You have a change of residence. – If you move into a new zip code. However, this may also cause an insurance rate change.
- You experience a change in your health coverage. – If you lose employer-sponsored health insurance or a benefit plan through an alternative source, you can apply for ACA health insurance.
How – The simplest way to apply for Texas health coverage is through the ACA Marketplace. The website takes you through the process. When filling out your application, select your plan, and through the process, you will be able to see if you qualify for tax subsidies.
If you have questions about health insurance in Glasscock County, contact CoverMile. We’re happy to assist you with finding the best coverage for you and your family and guide you through the application process.
How to Find Doctors Near Me in Glasscock County, TX
You don’t have to discover gold or water to find a doctor in Glasscock County. If you already have a doctor or need to find one, finding answers under your insurance plan is simple. The best way is to search for your doctor’s name on your insurance provider’s website. This will let you know if they are in or out-of-network.
Below are the links that will take you to each provider’s website. Their medical directory allows you to search by location, doctor’s name, and facility type.
You begin by selecting your plan type. Then, you can choose the type of specialty you are searching for, then your zip code. The search engine will show you all available doctors and facilities in that area based on the parameters you set up.
After entering your location, you can search Medical Care, Urgent Care, Behavior Health, and Cost Estimates. You can also search for pharmacy information, as well as for Dental and Vision care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I see any doctor I choose in Glascock County, TX?
Both BCBS of Texas and Baylor, Scott, and White work with networks. You will be limited to the doctors they contract with. If you already have a doctor you usually see, you can search for that doctor’s name through the link above. Or you can call your doctor directly and ask if they take the insurance you plan to purchase.
Is health insurance in Glasscock County, TX expensive?
Health insurance in Glasscock, TX, will depend on many aspects. Within the state of TX, the average Silver Plan is $454 monthly. This is based on a 40-year-old adult. Many factors will either increase this or even decrease this amount. We at CoverMile can help you find the best policy and learn what benefits are available, such as tax subsidies. Contact us today.
Can I sign up for Oscar Insurance in Glasscock County, TX?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas and Baylor, Scott, and White are available in Glasscock County. However, Oscar Insurance is unavailable through the ACA Marketplace or sold on the open market through the company’s website.
Can I use my Glasscock County, TX, health insurance out of state?
Just as we spoke of, seeing any doctor you choose, you have a network of doctors you must work with. However, if you are traveling out of state or country and you experience a medical emergency, you will have coverage. Yet, it does not cover anything elective.
Am I able to get Dental or Vision Insurance in Glasscock County, TX?
Children’s Dental and Vision services are part of the mandated ACA 10 Essential Benefits but are limited. Also, adults are not included. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas offers Dental and Vision benefits. These include children and adults, but it is sold separately from its health insurance plan. Visit their website for more information.