No, we are not driving a misspelled automobile, but we are still in the state of Texas and driving you safely through what matters most: ways to save on your health insurance. Whether you live in Crowell or travel down into our capital of Austin, your health insurance in Texas matters. You and your family need the protection you deserve, and we at CoverMile are here to assist you in finding it and saving you money, and that is more than just counting piggies.
CoverMile helps individuals and families find the best health insurance at the lowest prices. With subsidies, you can find coverage in Foard County for as low as $0 per month. Read on, and we can show you how.
Health Insurance Facts for 2023 in Foard County, Texas
Texas has the highest uninsured rate in the nation, with 22.1 percent of residents without insurance. We have been in this position since the Affordable Care Act’s implementation. Texas also has the second-largest exchange enrollment in the country, with 2.4 million for 2023. Only Florida has more.
Here are additional facts about health insurance in Texas.
- According to a U.S. Census estimate, Foard County’s population is 1,057. Of that total, 19.1 percent are uninsured.
- By gender, of those insured, 54.4 percent were men, and 45.6 percent were female.
- Currently, through the ACA, Eighty-seven percent of Texas insurance shoppers have access to three or more companies in 2023. Foard County currently has access to one insurance provider.
- 85.5 percent of Foard County has health coverage. 33.4 percent obtain it with their employer, while 28.7 percent have Medicare insurance. 13.3 percent have insurance through Medicaid. 8.87 percent are through non-group plans, and 1.28 percent are through the VA or military.
- Overall, Fifty-nine percent of the country has access to coverage through a national insurer; these include companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, which is available in every state.
- The average cost of a Silver health insurance plan without subsidies in Texas is $454
Here are a few fun facts about the tiny county itself:
- The county was named after a Confederate officer, Robert Levi Foard. He was also an attorney. His law partner, Marcus Townsend, a member of the Texas Senate, was integral in naming the town after him.
- Foard County’s southern border is primarily the North Wichita River. Its Northern border is part of the Pease River.
- The story of Cynthia Ann Parker, a Comanche captive was taken at age 9. But when liberated as an adult wished to remain with her Indian family rather than remain with her uncle’s family.
- On April 28, 1942, a tornado destroyed the town of Crowell, causing 1.5 million dollars of damage; 90 percent of homes and businesses were damaged or destroyed. Ten people died, 125 were injured.
- Crowell is known as the Wild Hog Capital of the World.
- Foard County has a couple of ghost towns: Margaret and Old Pease City.
Do I Need Health Insurance in Foard County, TX?
The federal mandate to carry health insurance no longer exists. A few states still have their own rules about health insurance; Texas is not one of them. If you choose not to purchase health insurance, even in a small county like Foard, you may discover issues you have not considered.
- Healthcare costs. If you don’t have health insurance, you will pay full price when you visit a doctor or medical facility. Having health insurance is like having a membership to your favorite retail store. When you present your card, you receive a discount. Insurance companies contract with medical providers to treat individuals at a negotiated rate.
- Healthcare networks. Your Primary Care Physician (PCP) may suggest you need additional treatment when you receive medical care. Having health insurance provides you with a network of doctors and facilities. You can receive treatment quicker and ease worries, especially since looking for a specialist or advanced care facility on your own may add to an already stressful situation.
- Healthcare maintenance. The Affordable Care Act provides free preventive care when you have health insurance. When you do not have health insurance, you will have to pay for these services out of pocket.
What are My Health Insurance Options in Foard County, Texas?
If you live in Foard County, you can purchase health insurance for Individuals and families through the Marketplace or directly from a health insurance provider. Each option has its benefits.
Affordable Care Act/Marketplace – You can purchase health insurance in Texas through the Marketplace. Search for the best plan based on your family dynamic and economic status. When you apply, the Affordable Care Act site will inform you if you qualify for premium tax credits and subsidies like cost-sharing reductions.
Direct Purchase – Before purchasing directly from an insurance company, ensure you do not qualify for tax credits and subsidies through the Marketplace. If not, you can purchase directly from a health insurance provider’s website. In some cases, like with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, you may have additional plan options only available on the insurance company’s website.
Short-term Health Insurance – When you only need health insurance temporarily, you may want to look into a Short-term Health Insurance policy. These policies provide individuals with coverage until Open Enrollment, a benefit package begins, or you are waiting for another form of health care to start, like Medicare. Short-term Health Insurance covers an initial period of 364 days and can be renewed for an additional 24 months. Keep in mind that Short Term Health Insurance has limits. It does not cover preexisting conditions, maternity care, or prescription medication.
Types of Insurance – The primary three health insurance networks are HMOs, EPOs, and PPOs. Insurance companies may offer network options through the Marketplace or direct purchase. Keep your Primary Care Physician (PCP) in mind when searching. They must be within the plan’s network for them to be covered. If they are not, you can incur out-of-network fees.
Top Health Insurance Companies with the Highest Star Ratings in Foard County, TX
What a customer is willing to pay for their policy over time is one of the main details top insurance ratings evaluate. Health insurance shoppers then use those reviews to consider which insurance companies are best and purchase based on their research.
To address this concern, we’ve rated the top companies available in Foard County based on their 2023 rates compared to their 2022 rates.⃰
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas – 3.42% increase – Although BCBS of Texas has seen a premium increase this year, they continue to prove they are a strong and reliable insurance company. They have more plans available than other providers. They also offer coverage to the entire state of Texas.
Top Health Insurance Plans for Foard County, TX
Below, we have selected the best insurance plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield of TX for Foard County, TX ⃰. We’ve listed them in order of premium for a standard policy without Cost Sharing Reductions. This list includes Bronze and Gold plans. However, be aware only Silver metal plans offer Cost Sharing Reductions.
|Copay PCP/ Specialist
|BCBS of Texas
|Blue Advantage Gold 206 HMO
|BCBS of Texas
|Blue Advantage Gold 706 HMO
|BCBS of Texas
|Blue Advantage Gold 203 HMO
|BCBS of Texas
|Blue Advantage Silver 205 HMO
|BCBS of Texas
|Blue Advantage Silver 705 HMO
|BCBS of Texas
|Blue Advantage Silver 202 HMO
*While we only list Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas above, other options may be available.
BCBS of Texas – Other Benefits
All Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas plans have Virtual Visits for a copay on all tiers. They also offer Dental and Vision plans. These can be purchased separately through the BCBS website.
How to Enroll in Health Insurance in Foard County, TX?
Whether you live in Foard, Orange, Kennedy, or Dallas Counties, there aren’t many differences in the enrollment process. All insurance companies are bound by Affordable Care Act standards.
When – Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment begins on November 1st and ends on December 31st, coverage begins on January 1st. Enrollees can also sign up until January 15th. With this late enrollment, your policy will start on February 1st.
You can enroll anytime if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). You are eligible for a SEP when:
- You have a change in your household. – If you get married or divorced; add a family member through birth or adoption; or if there is a death in the family.
- If there is a change of residence. – Moving into a new zip code can cause your insurance rate to change as well.
- There is a change in your health coverage. – If you lose your employer-sponsored health insurance or benefit plan through an alternative source, you can apply for ACA health insurance.
How – The Affordable Care Act website is the easiest way to apply for health coverage. The Marketplace guides you through the process. After you complete your application, the site shows you the plans available and if you qualify for tax subsidies. If you are eligible, you are shown how it will apply to your policy’s cost.
If you have questions about health insurance in Foard County, contact CoverMile. We’re here to help you find the best coverage for you and your family and guide you through the sign-up process.
How to Find Doctors Near Me in Foard County, TX
When you live in a small county like Foard, you may wonder how to find a doctor. Perhaps you already have a Primary Care Physician (PCP). Will your doctor be covered under your new health insurance plan? It is easy to find doctors near you in Foard County. The best way is to search for your doctor’s name on your insurance provider’s website. The directory will tell you if they are in or out-of-network.
Below is the link that will take you to the BCBS website. Their medical directory allows you to search by location, doctor’s name, and facility type.
After entering your location, you can search Medical Care, Urgent Care, Behavior Health, and Cost Estimates. You can also search for pharmacy information, as well as for Dental and Vision care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is health insurance expensive in Foard County, TX?
Health insurance costs will depend on many factors. Your age, marital status, and if you have children will add to your premium. Other factors include which plan you choose and if you use tobacco products. Where you live will also determine your insurance premium.
Can I sign up for health insurance if I don’t have a job in Foard County, TX?
The Affordable Care Act has options for those who are unemployed. You can apply, and based on your income, you may qualify for tax subsidies and cost-sharing reductions. You may also be eligible for Medicaid or CHIPs if you have children in the home.
Can I sign up for Oscar Insurance in Foard County, TX?
Oscar Insurance is not available through the ACA Marketplace or sold on the open market through the company’s website. However, you can purchase Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas health insurance policies in Foard County.
How can I lower my health insurance rates in Foard County, TX?
The first way to lower your health insurance rate in Texas is to increase your deductible. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium. Understand that when you do this, you will pay more before your insurance pays its portion. Another way is, if you aren’t already, see if you qualify for an Affordable Care Act subsidy. These are based on your income and can help you save on monthly premiums.
Can I get Dental or Vision Insurance in Foard County, TX?
Children’s Dental and Vision services are part of the mandated ACA 10 Essential Benefits, but there is usually nothing for adults. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas offers Dental and Vision benefits, including children and adults, but it is sold separately from its health insurance plan. Visit their website for more information.