Motley County, and no, we are not talking about the musical Crew here, is a hilly county located at the base of the panhandle. Parts of three of the four largest ranches are within Motley County, one of them being the Matador Ranch. But you don’t have to be a cattle wrangler or ranch hand to need health insurance. Those who live in the valley or city need care as well. We are here to discuss companies that provide Motley County residents with health insurance. Let’s take a look.
CoverMile helps you find the best health insurance plans in Motley County at the lowest prices. Coverage exists for as low as $0 per month with subsidies. Read on, and we can show you how.
2023 Health Insurance Facts in Motley County, Texas
Texas has one of the highest exchange enrollments in the United States, with 2.4 million for 2023. The only state that beats it is Florida. We also hold the highest uninsured rate in the country at 22.1 percent. We’ve kept that position since the exchange system was implemented.
Here are additional facts about health insurance in Texas.
- According to a U.S. Census estimate, Motley County has a population of 1,032 residents. Of that total, 22.7 percent are uninsured.
- By gender, those insured 53.5 percent were men, and 46.5 percent were female.
- Eighty-seven percent of consumers have access to three or more insurers in 2023. Through the ACA, Motley County has access to three insurance providers.
- Fifty-nine percent of consumers have access to a plan from a national insurer; companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas are available to more than just a local area.
- According to Niche, it voted Motley County an A+ in the area of cost of living for 2023. They also gave them an A- in the area of housing.
- 81.1 percent of Motley County has health coverage. 19.2 percent obtain it with their employer, while 13.6 percent have it through non-group plans. 26.3 percent have Medicare insurance, 19.5 percent have insurance through Medicaid, and 2.5 percent are through the V.A. or military.
- The average cost of a Silver health insurance plan in Texas is $454
Here are a few fun facts about the square County itself:
- Motley County was named after Junius William Mottley. He died in the Battle of San Jacinto. It is a misspelling of his name, missing one of the ‘t’s.
- Motley County was once a dry county. Guess the crew up there got tired of that ordinance.
- The town of Tee Pee City is a Ghost Town. It is named that due to the poles left behind by the Comanches used in constructing their teepees. The other ghost town in Motley is White Flat, although it does have an estimated population of three.
- Motley County Courthouse had gallows that were never used but scheduled to be used once. But Digger Dansby’s skill as a diviner benefitted him as he escaped when authorities allowed him to use his skill for a job for a local.
Do I Need Health Insurance in Motley County, TX?
There are only a few states that still carry a requirement for residents to carry health insurance, but Texas is not one of them. However, if you choose not to insure yourself and your family, you leave the door open to many healthcare issues you may not consider.
- Healthcare costs.This is the big one. When you choose not to carry health insurance, you pay full price. Think of health insurance as having a membership card to your favorite club store. When you present your card, you receive a discounted price. Health insurance is the same. Insurance companies contract with medical providers to treat individuals at a negotiated rate.
- Healthcare networks.While you may receive treatment from a Primary Care Physician (PCP), if you need to see a specialist or have tests done, having insurance provides you with a list of doctors and facilities. This helps ease the concern of searching for the least costly on your own. Especially since seeking advanced medical care may burden an already stressful situation.
- Healthcare maintenance.Health insurance provides you and your family with free annual checkups and preventive care. Under the Affordable Care Act, these services are mandated. When you do not have health insurance, you must pay for these services out of pocket.
What are My Health Insurance Options in Motley County, Texas?
Individuals and families need health care in Motley County. There are several options to find affordable health insurance in Texas. You can purchase through the ACA Marketplace or directly from a health insurance company. Each option has its benefits.
Affordable Care Act/Marketplace – When you sign up on the ACA Marketplace website, you are guided through your options and the best plan for you and your family. The site will also inform you if you qualify for premium tax credits and subsidies like cost-sharing reductions.
Direct Purchase – When you purchase direct from an insurance company, you will not have access to any ACA subsidies. If you believe you qualify for either, applying on the Marketplace website is best. Also, know that rates may vary between on and off-exchange plans. However, some insurance companies offer more plans than they do on the Marketplace exchange.
Types of Insurance – When you select an insurance plan, your company will work with a certain network type. The primary three you will see are HMOs, EPOs, and PPOs. Each network type is different in how they work with doctors and facilities. PPOs are the least restrictive, and EPOs are the most restrictive. When shopping for a plan, be cautious about out-of-network fees should the doctors or specialists you may use not be within your plan’s network.
Short-term Health Insurance – If you need temporary insurance, Short Term Insurance may be an option. This type of policy provides insurance for instances like you need coverage until Open Enrollment or waiting for your employment benefits package to kick in. It covers an initial period of 364 days and can be renewed for an additional 24 months. Understand that Short Term Health insurance has limitations. It does not cover pre-existing conditions, maternity care, or prescription medication.
Top Health Insurance Companies with the Highest Star Ratings in Motley County, TX
What a customer is willing to pay for their policy over time is one of the main details top insurance ratings evaluate. Health insurance shoppers then use those reviews to consider which insurance companies are best and purchase based on their research.
Below we have listed the two primary companies within the Motley County coverage area and the price increase over last year. *
- Baylor, Scott, and White – 1.7% increase – Although having a rise in 2023, Baylor, Scott, and White had one of the lowest price increases in the market. However, they do not have as wide of a coverage area as other insurance carriers. They cover major cities such as Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and surrounding areas.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas – 3.42% increase – Although BCBS of Texas has had an increase in 2023 over 2022, they have proven to be a stronger and more reliable insurance provider over the years. They have more plans available than other insurers; this means you have options for you and your family.
Top Health Insurance Plans for Motley County, TX*
Below, we’ve selected each company’s best insurance policies for Motley County, TX. They are in order as they reflect the cost of a standard policy without Cost Saving reductions.
|Insurance company||Insurance Plan||Co-insurance||Deductible||Out-of-Pocket Max||Copay PCP/ Specialist||$0 Virtual Care PCP||Adult Dental/ Vision|
|BCBS of Texas||Blue Advantage Gold HMO 706||25%||$2000/$4000||$8700/$17400||$30/$60||Fee Applies||Dental/Vision as separate policies|
|BCBS of Texas||Blue Advantage Gold 603 HMO||40%||$1500/ $4500||$5000/ $10000||$45/40%||Fee Applies||Dental/ Vision as separate policies|
|Baylor, Scott, and White||Elite Gold HMO 012||20%||$1500/ $3000||$9100/$18200||$0/$60||Fee Applies||No|
|Baylor, Scott, and White||Prime Silver HMO 008||40%||$3400/ $6800||$7250/$14500||$30/$70*||Fee Applies||No|
|BCBS of Texas||Blue Advantage Silver 205 HMO||50%||$1500/ $4500||$7250/$14500||$15/50%||Fee Applies||Dental Vision as separate policies|
|Baylor, Scott, and White||Prime Silver HMO 005||10%||$0/$0||$7250/$14500||$45/$85**||Fee Applies||No|
*While we list Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas and Baylor, Scott, and White above, other options may be available.
How to Enroll in Health Insurance in Motley County, TX?
Whether you live in Motley, El Paso, Corpus Christi, or Dallas Counties, there isn’t much difference in the enrollment process. Each is bound by Affordable Care Act standards.
When – Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment begins on November 1st and ends December 31st, your health insurance will start on January 1st. You also have until January 15th to enroll; however, your start date will be February 1st.
There is also a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). You can enroll anytime during the year if you meet certain conditions. You qualify when:
- There is a life change in your household. – This can include getting married or divorced; having a birth or adoption; or there is a death in the family.
- You have a change in your residence. – If you relocate out of your zip code, this may require an adjustment to your insurance rate.
- You have a change to your health coverage. – When you or your spouse lose health coverage provided by an employer or an alternative source, you can apply for ACA health insurance.
How – The simplest way is through the Affordable Care Act website. It is fast, and the platform guides you through the process. It also provides you with an answer as soon as you complete your application. It will also let you know if you qualify for tax subsidies and will factor your savings into your policy’s cost.
If you have any questions when shopping for health insurance in Motley County, contact CoverMile. We can assist you with finding the best coverage and guide you through the sign-up process.
How to Find Doctors Near Me in Motley County, TX?
One of your primary concerns will always be if your Primary Care Physician (PCP) will be on the insurance’s list of doctors. You can find out easily by visiting the insurance company’s website and searching for your doctor or the facility’s name. This will tell you if they are in-network or out-of-network.
The links below will take you to each provider’s website and directory. This will help you determine if your doctor or the facility you visit is covered. You can search by location, doctor’s name, and facility type. Each website is different, and some offer more information than others.
After entering your location, you can search Medical Care, Urgent Care, Behavior Health, and Cost Estimates. You can also search for pharmacy information, as well as for dental and Vision care.
You begin by selecting your plan type. Then, you can choose the type of specialty you are searching for or by your zip code. The search engine will show you all available doctors and facilities in that area based on the parameters you set up.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is insurance in Motley County, TX?
The average health insurance plan in Texas is $454. However, how much you will pay will depend on your age, family size, and other factors, such as what type of plan you select, where you live, and whether you use tobacco products. Your qualification for tax credits and subsidies will also determine your plan premium.
Does my income depend on how much I pay for health insurance in Motley County, TX?
When shopping for a Marketplace plan, your income will qualify, or perhaps disqualify you, for tax credits and subsidies that can lower your out-of-pocket expenses toward your premium. If you have questions, you can contact us at CoverMile. We can address your concerns and guide you through applying for your insurance policy.
Can I sign up for Oscar Insurance in Motley County, TX?
Unfortunately, Oscar Insurance is not available in Motley County. You can apply for health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield or Baylor, Scott, and White, which are available. You can also contact CoverMile, and we can assist you in applying for coverage.
Can I be rejected from Obamacare due to pre-existing conditions in Motley County, TX?
One benefit of Affordable Care Act insurance, or Obamacare, is that you cannot be denied coverage for any pre-existing condition. Nor can they limit your coverage in any way. You have full benefits from the day you sign up. There is no waiting period.
Is there a penalty for not having health insurance in Motley County, TX?
There is no longer a penalty for not carrying health insurance. As of the writing of this review, only five states are left that still have regulations in place that residents carry health insurance, Texas is not one of them. Remember that if you do not have health insurance you will pay more for hospital stays and doctor’s visits. Also, routine care like well visits will be paid out of pocket.
Does my Motley County, TX, health insurance cover my medication?
All Marketplace health insurance plans are mandated to cover medications outlined by the Affordable Care Act. However, each insurance company has its own prescription levels they charge. These would depend on your plan and the metal tier you choose.
Are there options to the Marketplace in Motley County, TX?
In addition to applying through the Marketplace, one can purchase health insurance directly from the insurance company’s website. Next, if you are lower income, you may qualify for Medicaid. You can apply for Medicaid through the ACA website. If you qualify, you will be notified about your qualifications. Finally, if you are within six months of your 65th birthday, you can begin the process of applying for Medicare.